On the outskirts of the village, on a hill called the Monastery Hill, there was once a monastery and a fortified Árpád-era shelter, the Ulmod Castle. The village was founded in the mid-18th century with the settlement of Germans. In 1803, the parish of Csolnok became an independent parish. Its neoclassical church (286 m2) was built in 1806. It was renovated in 1940 and 1979. The new liturgical space was built in 1973. The parish house is church property. – Its chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows. – During the Second World War, the partly displaced German population was replaced by Hungarians.
csevpl@invitel.hu
http://www.leanyvar.hu/lakosoknak/hitelet/egyhazkoezoesseg/